Jun 24, 2004

c'mon, baby, light my fire

"Self-styled Bible scholar" douses Christ statue in gasoline, ignites; "because of a woman."

The Jesus of Nazareth statue features Jesus wearing a silver robe and bleeding from the head without a crown of thorns -- a posture unfamiliar to McCoy, and one he said he thought might symbolize something occult.

"I hit it as hard as I could with a chair," he said. "I hit it two more times trying to break through the plexiglass. Then I got nervous. ...I heard a guy yelling 'Hey, stop!' I knew I had to burn it. I poured the gasoline (from a water bottle) and flicked my lighter. There was this big old fireball, and boom!"


How to tell you're a maniac: when someone yells, "Hey, stop!," your immediate reaction is must burn.

[thanks to obscure store]

No comments: