Jun 24, 2004

the blog is back

Summer's here, and the doubters are wrong: I'm blogging again, much to my foes' dismay. Who are my foes? Hmm... I'll get back to you. Anyhow, the world hasn't changed much in the week of silence. Bush is still even with Kerry in the polls (even on FoxNews!); Iraq is still a hellhole (in parts); Pepsi is still the greatest beverage invented.

On to sodaic musings:

1. Thank God for generics. Why pay extra for Dr. Pepper, when you can sample the fizzy bubbleness of Dr. Skipper or Dr. Bold? Who needs Mountain Dew, when Mountain Breeze is just as tasty? Why plunk down greenbacks for Sprite or 7-Up, when the clearly-titled Lemon Lime parches the thirst in an equivalent fashion?

2. There is only one area in which the generics lack: generic cola, as a rule, sucks.

3. Have you tried Pepsi Edge? No more aspartame aftertaste! No more phenylketonuric warnings! Splenda is here, and fantastic. Granted, Pepsi Edge tastes nothing like Pepsi--at least, not to an avowed conoisseur--but it's a lip-smacking low(er) calorie alternative. The lack of an aftertaste is reason enough to purchase with impunity.

4. Obesity, oshmesity. I don't care. I love my Pepsi, my Dr. Bold, my Henry Weinhard's Root Beer (leave it to a brewery to make fantastic fake beer). My body mass index is normal. My cholesterol level is healthy. Let me swill in peace.

No comments: