Jun 18, 2004

no more school, no more books...

And the dirty looks, at long last, are done. For the next two months, anyhow.

Today's the day to clean up, grade, reminisce, and offer a goodbye, a hearty handshake, maybe even sign a yearbook or two. This has been a challenging schoolyear; I've had my areas of weakness pinpointed, my strengths underlined, and a few new tricks introduced. And no, I won't go into details. Suffice it to say: I'm going to miss this place for the next few weeks. I'll miss the students most of all--their foibles, their daily dramas, their brilliant ideas and insufferable inanities. And if I don't get hired back, I'll miss them even more.

Items left in my room:

playing cards (two decks, smiley-faced and rider-back)
miniature Canadian flag
Pez dispenser (Jack, of the -in-the-Box)
hand-crafted tea cup
ratty hooded sweatshirts (two)
green rubber "stress" ball
computer disks (five, varying colors, no labels)
recordable CD
gigantic papier-mache dragon

Okay, back to grading.

No comments: