Solution: Make your own ice sling.
Materials: Ice, quart-sized freezer bag, duct tape, neck tie.
|Painkillers and holiday arrangement not included.|
1. Take an empty freezer bag and press it flat on a countertop. Set aside.
2. Cut 2 pieces of duct tape, in roughly 1.25" (3.2 cm) and 3.25" (8.3 cm) lengths.
3. Carefully place a shorter piece in the middle of a longer piece, adhesive-to-adhesive. (This is for making a "belt loop," with an inch of adhesive on both ends.) Affix to the front of the bag, about 1 inch from the edge.
|The ice sling in action. Note its stylish comfort.|
5. If you want, you may reinforce your loop by adding a strip of duct tape above and below (see illustration).
6. Thread the necktie through the loops, fill the bag with ice, place it tape-side down on your shoulder, and tie the tie around your neck. (Its's probably best to have a friend assist you at this juncture; if unavailable, tie the knot loosely before placing the ice, and adjust using a mirror.)
7. Ice your shoulder as recommended by a physician.
8. Blog about it.