Since my debaters are still researching the Afghanistan topic, here are a few links I've come across in the last couple days. Does NATO presence improve Afghan lives? Well...
1. The first in a Slate series covering efforts to beef up the Afghan police force. The gist: not going well.
2. Civilian casualties in Afghanistan.
3. The statistics analyzed in greater depth.
4. Changing counterinsurgency tactics.
5. The latest election brings news of vote fraud.
6. Andrew Bacevich lists the lessons of Year Ten.
7. Added 11/3: Nobody said nation-building would be easy. (Via Brian Doherty)