We're one game in, and I haven't yet seen anything substantially different from last year. In fact, many of the same traits appeared:
1. Slow-starting offense, with mostly pull hitting and nothing deep.
2. Richie Sexson not really in the picture.
3. Yuniesky Betancourt booting one.
4. An overworked bullpen thanks to a short start.
5. A win inflated by the Rangers' terrible pitching and shoddy defense.
6. Michael Young tearing our pitching staff to shreds.
However, there are reasons for optimism.
1. Bedard might have been a little nervous for his first home start. When he gets settled, he could be deadly.
2. The bullpen mostly stood up.
3. We ran more (if not better--I'm looking at you, Jose Lopez.)
4. We rallied late.
5. We won.
One percent of our requisite playoff success has been accomplished.