Feb 19, 2007

you answer the call

A little while back I noted,
Ed asks his readers to give what they can to help Connie Lynn, who can't afford some pretty expensive medical equipment necessary for her survival.... You can donate directly via PayPal, or by purchasing books through Amazon via a link on the site.
Now, thanks to your efforts, Ed reports,
First, I want to thank everyone who helped us by donating for this cause. You generosity has been incredible and we're almost 50% of the way to what must be raised to pay for one year of treatment....

I'm looking in to a couple other fundraising possibilities as well, one of which is a benefit show at a comedy club (preferably in Lansing). One of my oldest and dearest friends in the business, Don Reese, has agreed to headline the show if we can make the arrangements. I hope to be able to put it together in the next few days. I'm even thinking that if that benefit show does happen, I might just come out of retirement for one night and do a set myself. Don and I used to have so much fun working together and he's been trying to convince me for years to do stand up again, it's almost too good an opportunity to pass up.

You can keep track of all of this, and can still donate if you wish, on Connie's webpage. Thanks again for the amazing outpouring of support and help.
Give what you can, buy a book, pass the word along, or, if you're in Ed Brayton's neighborhood and he gets that benefit together, go to the show. Convince him to do a set so you can heckle him in person for a good cause.

No comments: