My wife and I enjoyed WSU's close contest against Baylor in the company of Mr. and Mrs. TRP. I spent the whole time learning. It's what I do.
1. Not everyone has seen The Sopranos.
2. At Mariners games, when the clapping sound effect starts, people clap along, like automatons, until lapsing back into latte-induced stupors, waiting for the digital Hydro Race and the Hat Trick. At Cougars games, no Hat Tricks, no Hydro Races, and nobody claps with the clapper.
3. The innards of Qwest Field remind one of a dairy, a factory. The deconstructionist let's-expose-the-ductwork style looks okay across the street, but at Qwest, the sanitary cream paint and long concrete ramps... not a factory, a meat-packing plant. An abattoir. Suddenly all those beef ads on the jumbotron seem a lot creepier.
4. Watching a football game with a referee gives you a new perspective on the game. Especially when the ref's wife matches the ref snark for snark.
6. More people should sing along with the national anthem.