May 7, 2006

the dead ends of the blogosphere III

Sophisticated bloggers are probably aware of a strange sort of spamblog--not the usual randomness, but a series of plausible anecdotes with ad links thrown in. Given the style, I'll call them Reader's Digest spamblogs.
Why is it that every time you're running late you end up getting stuck in a traffic jam on top of it? The boss has a fit if anyone is one minute late so I was sweating bullets and about to have an anxiety attack. I tried to calm myself down and ended up just staring at a billboard about bmw e36 m3 for what seemed like the longest time. There was a car in the inside lane with its flashers on and no one in it. You'd think they would have got a couple of guys to just push it onto the hard shoulder instead of just leaving it there blocking traffic.
It seems like it could have been written by a human--there are no obviously edited or garbled bits that immediately say "spam."
What a rotten weekend I've had. Took my laptop in for repairs and now I no longer have a laptop! sigh... Thankfully the guy working on it is pretty smart and he can save my harddrive with everything on it, not to mention he is replacing it with a brand new one because he believes it was his fault. Now how many people would do that? Of course, now you all want the name of my computer repair guy, right? My only problem is I feel like I've lost my right arm now! And I will be without a replacement for couple weeks, so there goes all the online research for toyota dealership dallas for the time being, not to mention all the loss of productive time because I am trying to work on a back up computer. Ah well, ain't life grand?
Just the right blend of banality and folksy self-deprecation.

I'm not including links, just in case there's spyware lurking in the drivel.

No comments: