Oct 7, 2005

genderification

A while ago I wrote about gendered writing--or the lack thereof. My freshfolks got their biases thrown back in their faces this morning, when they incorrectly attributed gender to this anonymous writing sample.
Ok…As of now I am Completely obsessed with this book. I was wondering what the translator, Robert Fagles had to translate in The Odyssey by Homer. As in the Language he had to translate. Didn’t it say that Homer was writing in his own form of writing. What if its like Hieroglyphics O_O! I have learned that this book must have taken A REALLY LONGGGGGG TIMMEEEE TOOO MAKE!, and also translate. I also learned that as of now you can do anything you can set your mind too. Homer is an excessive writer, and uses the words, “Glistening, sparkle, and “happy words””. Some people think that the book is boring, or un-interesting, but I belive that this book took time, and time is converted into effort, therefor I think this is an awesume book, translated by Robert fagles.
So, what was the gender of the author?

Nope. You're wrong.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Its a guy.

Edie said...

It is difficult to tell. I have noticed that online, females (or at least those presenting themselves as female) sometimes adopt that sort of style--full of flamboyant exaggeration, deliberately poor word choice, sentence fragments, and onomatopoeia.

Unknown said...

I'm saying it's a guy because s/he misspellled "therefor" and "awesume."

MT said...

Yeah, but it's a no-brainer once you have the whole novel"