Sep 25, 2004

free to respire

I guiltily read Ed Brayton's dooooooooooooom piece, knowing that I hadn't yet installed Service Pack 2, thus placing the security of the entire internet at risk--but it wasn't my fault. I tried to download it through the website, but it simply wouldn't take. The school's tech expert ended up throwing up his hands, saying "order the CD," which I did. "Will arrive in 4 to 6 weeks, Microsoft promised. I now sat at the horns of an ethical quandary: should I continue using the 'net, knowing that for two or three fortnights I could jeopardize the fate of the free world?

The disc arrived in a week. Now I'm up-to-date.

Incidentally, blogging's been light recently; school has started up, which means time is suddenly unavailable. To add to that, I've been assaulted by a viral invasion for over a week and a half, laboring through rivers of mucus, coughing fits, sleeplessness, and the like. But blog I must.

Oh, and you should read this.

No comments: