May 13, 2010

To Beard, or not to Beard

Capital's debate team is holding my beard hostage. If they can raise at least a hundred dollars next week, I can't shave it. Repeat the feat the next week, and I'll continue suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous facial hair. So, if you are a fan of hockey and lumber jacks, or if you love torturing the hirsute, or if you are a fan of CHS Debate, join the fun.

Click on the photo, or this link, to watch the beard, and my indignity, progress in time.

Oh, and of course, there's a Facebook page.

I'll keep a running beard diary right here using the label "beardathon." Why? Because blogging is how I cope. With the itching. Which started today.

8 comments:

Paul Hamann said...

No sweat, Jim. With your baby-face looks, it'll probably take you until State next year to grow a beard at all.

Jim Anderson said...

Oh, I get it. You are being sarcastic.

Paul Hamann said...

I don't appreciate your italic tone, young man.

Jim Anderson said...

There's enough gray coming in that "young man" is going to be even more ironic than you meant.

Kelsey said...

Where and how can I make a donation?

Jim Anderson said...

Send checks or money orders to the CHS ASB office, earmarked for CHS Debate (with "Beard Fund" in the comment line), to 2707 Conger Ave NW, Olympia, WA, 98502. We officially start taking donations tomorrow.

captain princess said...

Do you want anyone to grow sympathy beards in support?

Jim Anderson said...

That's a decision I'll leave to your conscience.