1. Atlanta retired Greg Maddux's number on Friday night, honoring the right-handed pitcher I'd name as the best of his generation, and a nerd's nerd.
2. Even if he'd been famous upon its publication, you wouldn't have found Maddux's name in Webster's Third Dictionary, as David Skinner explains in a fascinating article.
3. A Starbucks by any other name?
4. The biggest name in computing is going to set up shop next to Mac stores. "Anything Mac can do, Microsoft will do later...."
5. I love roundabouts. For some, though, the name "roundabout" conjures up dread incommensurate with their safety record. Maybe this will change a few minds.