Feb 4, 2009

Gregoire borrows from the 5/17 playbook

Governor Gregoire has to balance a budget with a $6 billion (or so) shortfall. What to do?
There's an interactive budget calculator on her Web site that lets users add and subtract from major spending areas.

Gregoire's office says 60 percent of the budget is committed to mandatory programs, such as basic education, debt service and pensions. That means reductions have to come from the other 40 percent of the budget.
Try it for yourself here.

Oh, and putting the budget process within the average citizen's reach? This blog was there first.

No comments: