Dec 28, 2007

The Sports Gal is living proof

Filling in for The Sports Guy, his wife does an admirable job explaining why betting on sports is foolish.
Don't get me wrong, I knew what I was in for when I married him. Still, it's been nice to trounce him this season and humiliate him on a famous sports Web site. Even though he claims that this was the point of our ongoing picks experiment -- "the more you know, the less you know" -- I say he's lying through his teeth and he'd much rather be the one who is 23 games over 50/50. What kills him is that he knows how little thought I put into my picks. Here, watch. I'll take you through my picks process and "think out loud." I looked at each game, jotted down my thoughts and quickly made the pick, then expanded them for each pick after the fact.

If I didn't make it clear enough, I never spend more than 90 seconds total on my picks.
Just to prove the point, here's her rationale for picking the Bengals over the Dolphins:
If it's an all-animal matchup, I always try to weigh that accordingly. Dolphins are cuddly and nice. I don't understand why any NFL team would wear aqua blue unis and call itself "The Dolphins," then not expect to get its butt kicked. They should go with the Spearfishers. I would have taken them if they were the Spearfishers.
Remember, she could lose every pick this last week, and still finish ahead of Bill.

Don't bet on sports.

No comments: