Dec 12, 2007

self-defense... for your online reputation

I've predicted potential consequences of the digitally-enhanced 24-hour surveillance society, but nothing like this:
Dustin Hoffmann, a borough musician who has worked at the coffee and doughnuts chain for 10 months, said he fought back because he wanted to "look good" if the surveillance tape turned up on the popular video-sharing Web site.

"What was going through my mind at that point was that the security tape is either going to show me run away and hide in the office or whack this guy in the head, so I just grabbed the cup and clocked that guy pretty hard," Hoffmann said Monday.
YouTube stops crime in a doughnut shop. Never would have guessed.


[via Obscure Store]

1 comment:

PL1149 said...

Haha, this is pretty funny. I never thought YouTube was such a big deal to some people