Dec 10, 2007

Ranch House to reopen!

Simply magnificent news:
Last Monday, co-owners Amy Anderson and Melanie Tapia watched as a wall of mud slid from the hilltops surrounding their property and swallowed up their barbecue restaurant during the state's devastating storm. It destroyed the water and septic systems, the smokers that made their signature barbecue meats and the warm checkered curtains that welcomed the restaurant's customers.

The losses were estimated at $4 million and insurance did not cover any of the damage, said Tapia.

Last week, the owners received a call from Sandra Miller, vice president and general manager of the Governor Hotel in downtown Olympia.

She has offered to let the barbecue business use the hotel's kitchen for free — no charge for rent or utilities — until the owners can get on their feet.

Tapia said she and Anderson cried when they heard the news.

"We never in our wildest dreams thought we would have had such a fabulous offer," said Tapia. "And free of charge. That's amazing."
It's the feel-good and eat-well story of the day.

1 comment:

Ariel said...

I almost cried when I heard the news last week. I'm so glad things are working out for them!