Sep 19, 2007

Brian Baird coming to Capital

At 7:00 on Friday, to defend his change of heart, reports The Olympian:
U.S. Rep. Brian Baird said Tuesday he'll have a town hall meeting in Olympia on Friday, giving residents their first opportunity to quiz him about his position in support of keeping U.S. troops in Iraq longer.

The event is at 7 p.m. at Capital High School on Olympia's west side.
Maybe it was the only available slot in Baird's schedule, but I'm a little dubious that 7:00 on a Friday evening is the best time to host such a meeting. I'm not sure if I can attend, but I'll definitely give students extra credit if they go and report their experience.

Okay, back to my National Board / planning / post-Open House hole.

3 comments:

Emmett said...

Reports the Olympian, Bah! Reports Olyblog like eight hours earlier. And Washblog for that matter.

Jim Anderson said...

For some reason I couldn't access Olyblog this morning--it was loading too slowly for my pre-dawn blog-rush.

The more I think about it, the less I like the timing--the lateness of the announcement and the choice of 7:00 on a Friday night.

Mark McLaughlin said...

Oh man. I thought Brian Baird was just a sock puppet. Curse you Jed Whittaker!

Last time Baird came to Capital, I asked him directly about his opinion on gay marriage. I always like to hear what a politician says about that.

Supporting the war, though? That's odd. Guess I have something to do on Friday now.