Jun 4, 2007

a signature signature

Josh links to this hoo-larious piece about whether anyone actually cares what your signature looks like. (Well, anyone taking your credit card, that is. Wouldn't recommend trying to prank the IRS.)

My signature is pretty minimalist--two quick flourishes that get me mistaken for a physician. When anyone asks me why it's so quick, I say I have better things to do with my time. The usual response is, "Oh, yeah, I guess you're right."

In other news, today in second period we calculated that the average high school senior will have said the Pledge of Allegiance for approximately 7 hours by the time they graduate.

I figure we could have one kindergarten day of nothing but the Pledge, and when everyone is thoroughly inculcated with Americanism, we would never have to do it again.

No comments: