Orin Kerr closely reads alarmist reportage about teenage 'net use.
I guess the headline, "Less Than 2% of Teen Discussions Posted Online on Drugs and Alcohol" was too wordy.Take a look at the original study for some really incredible observations:
Naive parents and educators should visit the glossary, which covers all the nuances. Only an old fogey would confuse "crank," "crunk," and "dank."
- Teens think hooking up/having sex is fun while drunk.
- Teenagers also report that social gatherings are more fun while drunk.
- A significant portion of discussion focuses on teens’ concern for their friends or significant others who drink too much.
- Vodka and beer are teens’ drinks of choice.
- Many teens drink until they get sick and/or blackout.
- Teenagers also discuss and debate the pros and cons of the legal drinking age.