1. Getting the Mazda out of the shop, not yet fixed. Alternator bad, maybe, or water pump, nobody knows, not even Mazda of North America. It's fun to be driven to school in the shuttle, dropped off near the buses. I note the changing of the seasons by the different drivers.
2. Researching the new LD topic. Two hours or so, tonight, at the Evergreen State College Library with whoever shows up from the team.
3. Figuring out how to condense Apocalypse Now into two 55-minute periods. Should I cut the part where the cow--the real cow--gets it? Should I let them know that it's a real cow?
4. Introducing utter novices to the minutiae of Lincoln-Douglas debate. Trying to parse values and criteria, contentions and subpoints, cards and blocks, philosophies and ethical systems. How would you explain deontology to a 9th-grader?
5. Blogging. Always blogging.