Jun 21, 2006

first day of summer

Not just calendarically, but scholastically. School's out, and I have several things to look forward to...

1. Two straight days of grading and packing up my classroom. (Thankfully, there's no construction in our pod this year, so I don't have to take down posters or bring my files home.)

2. Midsummer meetings and email discussions as we polish up a new 9th-grade curriculum.

3. Two road trips, in July and August, to Chicago and Alberta.

4. Sleep.

5. A Mariners game or two, one guaranteed in September.

6. Blogging.

7. An end to the mucus. Seriously, this cold sucks.

8. Spending more time with my wife. (Somehow, her summer vacation is longer than mine.)

9. Badminton versus Dad.

10. Reading for pleasure. Maybe.

11. World Cup. GOL. GOL. GOL. GOL. GOL.

No comments: