May 31, 2006

big eyes, small stomach

As usual, I have more on my plate than I should--an improv comedy show to finish planning for, (yes, it takes planning and preparation and practice, lots), a graduation speech to write, plans for tomorrow's lessons, a parent meeting involving changes to the 9th grade curriculum, a staffing day to work on said curriculum changes, wrapping up speech and debate loose ends, and whatever else arises. Add to that: the second "Work to the Contract Day." (No link; the Olympian is currently down.)

Oh, and someone is singing operatically outside. Nice baritone.

Update: The improv show was a resounding success. A crowd that laughed at the slightest provocation. Goofy-as-heck performers. Moments of sheer comic genius. I'm so proud... James, Zach, Mark, Esa, Trevor, Shawn, Suvir, Jack, Ryan... Alex and Alden... and, of course, the powers behind the throne, Christina, Hanne, and Lena. You made my year.

1 comment:

MT said...

What if as your practice for improv you just improvise all the other things you have to produce? (No need to thank me. I love coming up with easy fixes.)