Feb 8, 2006

while I was out

1. Several students advanced to the state tournament in individual events, which will take place March 11 at the University of Puget Sound. I'm quite pleased.

2. Bird flu reached Africa.

3. Our department was asked to consider merging 9th-grade pre-IB and "regular" classes, in the interests of increasing rigor across the board. Response was tentatively positive, but we haven't made a decision. (I did my master's thesis on ability grouping, and am not a huge fan of the practice.)

4. Our district's levies passed--both of 'em--unofficially. We have wildly supportive voters here in Olympia, and believe me, your teachers are grateful.

5. I wasn't called for jury service again, but I'm not in the clear until Thursday.

6. The world continued spinning on its axis, unperturbed.

4 comments:

Matthew Anderson said...

"6. The world continued spinning on its axis, unperturbed."

Doubtful, Anderson. Very doubtful.

MT said...

I'm sure the equinoxes were precessing as usual, and precession maybe the quintessential perturbative effect. You really did put your foot in it.

Jim Anderson said...

What, so I should tearfully confess on Oprah?

MT said...

It would be a start.