Oct 15, 2005

an open letter to the random people who stumble upon my blog

Dear Searchers,

I honestly don't get it. How do you end up here?

Since I've started keeping track, it's become clear that my content has nothing--nothing!--to do with your putative search terms. More than eighty percent of the time, you click through to the link in which the terms are only miraculously found on the same page. This can't be helpful, can it?

Some of you are interested in Italian furniture. Sorry, wrong Decorabilia. Some of you want help with your homework. I can imagine the term papers you're writing about Artemio Cruz and Citizen Kane and Achilles the Hero. Don't crib anything from this site, though; it's useless, and you'll get caught. (If I know how, so does your teacher.) Some of you are Googling yourselves--don't be shy, it's obvious. I've done it, too.

Or do you find that my writing is so zesty, even in Googly bits, that you're irresistibly drawn to the genius that is decorabilia? Nah, that can't be it.

Now that you're here, though, thanks for stopping by. I hope this five minute detour doesn't lead you astray from enlightenment.

Oh, one more thing. How and where are they offering a cookie to join the Dark Side? 'Cause it sounds like a pretty lame deal.

Regards,

Me

No comments: