Jul 25, 2005

expunged

Overheard at a weekend party in an unnamed Western Washington county:

"So we had this guy on our voter rolls, and there was some kind of mistake about his birthday, and it turns out he's like 104, so I ask my supe what to do, and she says to delete him, because he's obviously dead, and I say 'Are you sure,' and she says 'Of course, there's just no way.'"

Overheard at the post office on November 8, 2005:

"Hello there Susan, Peter, Esther. I'm here to vote for the bajillionth time."
"Hey there, Mr. Barnes. Good to see you. Now, let's check your registration... hmm... small problem here."
"Really?"
"I'm sorry, Mr. Barnes, but you can't vote."
"Why not? I've voted in every cotton-pickin' election since Abe Lincoln was in diapers--"
"According to this list, Mr. Barnes, you're dead."
"Oh. Well, wish someone woulda told me."

No comments: