Jun 3, 2005

from joy to anger in five easy minutes

The bulk of the cast of Whose Line was in Olymp-i-a tonight, yukking it up at the Washington Center for an enthusiastic audience, yours truly included. Respect: Ryan Stiles knows how to pronounce "geoduck." A good time was had by all.

On the way home, though, I got to hear the most angrifying crap the radio has ever spit my way, an ad for Washington's "Click it or Ticket" campaign (ably dissected here). The spot opens and closes with the strident voice of a Nightmare Mother warning a child (you, the listener) about all of life's dangers. Her last words: "That's a good boy. There's your cookie."

Nanny state, indeed.

(Listen to other radio spots here.)

1 comment:

Peter Wall said...

That's absolutely revolting.

While I do wear my seatbelt, I maintain the right to be stupid at all times, which means that other yahoos should get to drive around without being secured to their petroleum rockets.

And the nanny state can shove it up her tailpipe.

Now I need to go, before the rage expands and, Darth Vader style, destroys the room.