Aug 24, 2004

trash talk

The wife and I spent the evening at a big-box art store putting in an order for custom frames--some Miro, Klee, and Kandinsky prints, tres chic. The fun part was yakking about art with the framer on duty. I have a formative understanding of art history (thanks to a sleep appreciation class), and love to gab in general. The framer, my wife, and I all shared a deep loathing for the Painter of Syrup, Herr Thomas Kinkade. The framer was especially vitriolic ("I hate his work, hate it, hate it. He's a master all right--a master salesman. Light isn't yellow"). Her rant made the trip--and the expense--worthwhile.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you want to get really technical, the water shouldn't look that way. Large bodies of water get the coloring from the reflections of things closest to it. Mud if low level, sky blue if its deep ocean in the day, but black at night. Generally its clear. Weirrrrrd.